The prostate is an amazing gland that plays an imperative role in the male reproductive system. The prostate gland performs multiple functions, making it very important for a man to look after it by following a nutritious, balanced diet and leading a healthy lifestyle. If you’re wondering about the functions performed by the prostate, here they are to name a few.
1) The most important function of the prostate gland is to produce and secrete the prostatic fluid. The prostatic fluid is an alkaline, milky white fluid that helps nourish the sperm. It is this fluid that protects the sperm and helps it stay alive in the harsh acidic environment of the female body.
2) The prostatic fluid mixes with the seminal fluid in the seminal vessels. Together this fluid surges through the urethra, the tube that carries both urine as well as seminal fluid away from the male body. The smooth muscles of the prostate help in the expulsion of semen during ejaculation. This muscle pumps the semen through the male reproductive organ with enough force to enter the female body and swim up the uterus.
3) Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is a fluid produced in the prostate. Its basic function is to enable the sperm to swim in the uterus in its liquid form. The seminal vesicle fluid contains a clotting enzyme which glues the semen to the woman’s cervix. PSA helps dissolve this glue so that the sperm can swim to the uterus and fertilize the egg.
4) The pumping action of the smooth prostate muscles feels good to the man while making love to a woman.
5) Manual stimulation of the prostate during the act of lovemaking and give a man a very intense orgasm, making the act all the more enjoyable for him.
6) The prostate essentially protects the sperms by filtering and removing toxins. This enhances the quality of the sperm ensuring that only the healthiest sperm gets deposited in the female body.
7) The nerves in the prostate help the male sexual organ to swell and harden during intercourse, thus helping the act of lovemaking.
Keeping the prostate nourished
It is important to look after the prostate and make sure it is well nourished and healthy, so as to avoid health complications in the future. What men should start doing almost immediately is cut down on their intake of alcohol and caffeine and start exercising regularly. Their diet should include whole grains, proteins in the form of lean meats and eggs and carbohydrates in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables. Some men can even choose to take the help of natural healthcare supplements such as Super Beta Prostate. Before doing so, do your research well and read reviews from people who take the supplement. To avoid a Super Beta Prostate scam, read user reviews and learn about the associated health benefits of taking the supplement.
You can enjoy a healthy, happy life if you’re just a little careful!