An estimated 33% of men over the age of 60 will be diagnosed with a prostate health disorder. Prostate disease is one of the most common reasons why middle-aged men see their doctors. A growing prostate is easily the most common prostate disorder. As the prostate is situated below the bladder and is wrapped around the urethra, it can put unnecessary strain on these two organs, which are closely linked with urinary functions. Here are some suggestions to take care of this tiny gland and keep it in good shape.
Ways to Boost Prostate Health
- Make sure your meals include a variety of nutrients. Your diet should consist of fruits, vegetables, lean meat, protein, and whole grains, and essential fatty acids (salmon, olive oil, and avocados). A wholesome diet provides the body with all the important nutrients it needs to fight off illness.
- Soy has been linked to reduced prostate disease in men because of isoflavones which have the capability to fight harmful cell growth. Add tofu, soy nuggets, and soy milk to your diet.
- Engage in a few minutes of regular exercise daily. Citing reasons that you’re extremely busy will only add to your woes. Take the stairs, walk your pet, every physical activity counts. Kegel exercises, which can be done discreetly anywhere, anytime, are a boon for prostate sufferers. They help men to regain better bladder control by strengthening the pelvic floor muscles.
- Stay away from red meat, fast food, deep-fried food, alcohol, soda, and caffeinated drinks.
- Try supplements. Men with severe urinary trouble because of prostate growth have benefitted immensely thanks to Super Beta Prostate, a dietary supplement that fosters prostate health. The main ingredient is Beta Sitosterol, a plant compound that reduces prostate swelling. This helps men to sleep longer at night by reducing nightly bathroom trips. Find out more about how it alleviates age-related discomfort by reading a couple of Super Beta Prostate Supplement reviews online.
- Lose weight if you’re obese. A healthy weight signifies a healthy prostate. Consult a fitness expert and get on a strict diet and workout regime if you’re overweight.
- Practice double voiding if you suffer from an expanding prostate. Urinate once, relax for a minute, and then urinate again. It’ll reduce your bathroom visits by emptying the bladder completely.
- Dress warmly in cold weather. A dip in temperature can increase the frequency of urination.
- If you’re at risk of prostate disease, see your doctor at least once every year for prostate examination. Annual checkups are the best way to diagnose and begin treatment at the earliest to stop the condition from worsening.
Don’t wait for your body to start showing signs of prostate disease. Be proactive, rather than reactive. Support and nurture your prostate from day one, and give it what it needs to be strong and healthy. Keep in mind, if it’s heart-friendly, it’s prostate-friendly! So when you take care of your prostate, you’re also taking care of your body as a whole, and that only lays the foundation for a happy and healthy old age!