According to statistics, a large proportion of men, over the age of 50, face prostate conditions. Most men aren’t even aware of the prostate till they start facing these problems in middle age. The prostate is a small walnut-shaped gland that sits below the bladder and envelops itself around the urethra, the duct that carries urine and sperm out from the body. During adolescence, this gland doubles in size, and then its growth stabilizes till a man attains middle age. At this stage, the prostate begins to grow again size, and exerts pressure on the urethra and bladder, interfering with urination. This can’t be avoided, but changing your habits and adopting a smarter lifestyle can promote better prostate health and prevent it from worsening. Here are some time-tested tips that you may want to consider to keep your prostate gland in good shape.
Lifestyle Changes for Prostate Health
- Don’t drink fluids an hour before bedtime
- Relieve yourself whenever you feel the urge to urinate. Practice double voiding. After urinating, wait for a couple of minutes, and urinate again, a second time.
- Caffeine, soda, and alcohol irritate the bladder, so stay away from these beverages.
- Engage in regular exercise. Kegel exercises are the best way to strengthen the bladder muscles and control urinary flow.
- A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, fiber, and whole grains is considered very good for the prostate. Tomatoes, guavas, watermelon, grapefruit, soy, walnuts, Brazil nuts are examples of food linked to better prostate health. Don’t eat too much red meat, saturated fats, and trans fats and foods high in hydrogenated oil. Cut back on junk and spicy food. Also avoid canned and processed foods.
- Cold medicines contain antihistamines and decongestants. These can worsen urinary problems by constricting the muscles surrounding the urethra. Avoid them especially if you’re already experiencing a prostate health concern.
- Try using supplements such as Super Beta Prostate Supplement which are specifically formulated for optimum prostate health. This product contains Beta Sitosterol, a plant and fruit ester that works by binding to the prostate gland and inhibiting swelling and alleviating urinary flow discomfort. It also contains zinc, a trace mineral that’s absent from our everyday diet but plays a vital role in fostering prostate health. Read Super Beta Prostate Supplement reviews to know how hundreds of men have successfully used this dietary supplement to promote prostate health.
Research has proved beyond doubt that a nutritious diet, consistent exercise, and the use of safe and natural supplements go a long way in positively influencing prostate health. An annual prostate exam is a great way to detect any abnormalities and if found, begin their management well in time. In short, men who choose to lead a healthy lifestyle, keep their weight in check, and engage in moderate physical activity can avert prostate disorders in the senior years of their life.