For a majority of men, prostate enlargement has almost become synonymous with advancing age. Nearly a third of all men who have turned 50 face this condition to some extent. Unfortunately, you cannot avoid prostate enlargement. But you can certainly alter your lifestyle to delay this condition and make sure your prostate is in good shape. Making slight improvements to your diet and eating supplements such as Super Beta Prostate can go a long way in effectively managing an enlarged prostate and even make it easier to deal with the bothersome urinary troubles it causes.
Diet for an Enlarged Prostate
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, at least five servings a day. They are packed with antioxidants that help in fighting cell damage inhibit cell proliferation.
- Your body needs healthy fats such as omega-3 fatty acids which are found in abundance in salmon, mackerel, walnuts, almonds, avocados, and olive oil. They can help your body fight against inflammation and are also considered good for overall cardiovascular health.
- Eat food rich in vitamin C. Cranberries, bell peppers, oranges, pineapples are just some examples. Vitamin C bolsters your immune system and staves off diseases. Cranberry juice increases the acidity of urine, which is said to kill harmful bacteria present in it, thus keeping you safe from urinary infections which can sometimes be caused due to prostate enlargement.
- Zinc is essential for a healthy prostate. It is highly beneficial for cell growth and also strengthens the immune system. Shellfish such as oysters and crab and dried seeds of watermelon, sesame, and pumpkin are excellent sources of zinc.
- Drink a lot of water. Many men avoid drinking water for fear of increased bathroom trips. Water helps flush out the toxins from the body and keeps it healthy. If you’re bothered by increased urination, avoid drinking water an hour before you go to bed.
- Super Beta Prostate reviews indicate that this supplement contains Beta Sitosterol, a plant and fruit ester that stops inflammation by binding to the prostate gland. This offers relief to patients suffering from painful urinary flow problems.
- Limit your alcohol consumption. A glass or two a day is fine, but keep it at that. Also keep caffeine and sugary drinks to a minimum because caffeine is a diuretic and you’ll end up making more trips to the bathroom. More importantly, quit smoking. Nicotine irritates the bladder and urethra and can further aggravate your condition.
Studies have repeatedly shown that modifying dietary habits is the best way to effectively manage an enlarged prostate. It’s not just important for your prostate, but a healthy and balanced diet is the key to a healthier you. Think of it as the most natural and least invasive technique to keep prostate health issues away!