Natural is the way to go. Making a few changes in your diet and lifestyle could go a long way in protecting prostate health. Scientists have associated a diet with adequate vegetables and fruit, low in saturated fats and red meat, with better prostate health. Of course, this kind of diet is good for just about every part of your body healthy, but … did you know that certain foods can affect prostate health more than others. These foods contain strategic bio-compounds that the prostate needs to function healthy. Include these foods in your diet:
- Pumpkin seeds – this is the traditional remedy for “manhood”! Grandmothers all over the world have encouraged little boys to eat pumpkin seeds. Scientists have just discovered that grandma was right! Pumpkin seeds contain essential fatty acids, amino acids, phytosterols (including beta-sitosterol) minerals, and vitamins. Pumpkin seeds contain lots of zinc. Zinc is a vital mineral for maintaining men’s health. The prostate has a high concentration of zinc. Zinc is needed for sperm quality and motility. Beta-sitosterol (derived from natural plant substances) helps to maintain prostate health and also helps to alleviate urinary discomforts in senior men who suffer from an enlarged prostate.
- Cruciferous vegetables – broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage are rich in indole-3-carbinol (I3C). Men who eat plenty of these types of vegetables are said to have a lower risk of degenerative prostate conditions. Scientists do not know why I3C has this influence on prostate cells but it is believed that this substance may be able to maintain a balance of hormones necessary for keeping the prostate healthy.
- Eat venison! By far the highest percentage of zinc is found in venison. Other foods include oysters, scallops, sesame seeds and oats. Oats and seafood would definitely be the healthier way to get more zinc in your diet.
- What to avoid – If you have an enlarged prostate, you should avoid caffeinated beverages. Caffeine is known to be a diuretic. This tends to aggravate symptoms of an enlarged prostate.
- Don’t miss out on a key ingredient for prostate health
As mentioned beta sitosterol has science-supported benefits for prostate health. This is a natural way to protect prostate health and alleviate problems men face with prostate enlargement, particularly related to urinary flow and functions.
If you find it difficult to get all these foods into your diet, you’ll find prostate health supplements will ensure you get the daily dose you need to promote prostate health. Read a Super Beta Prostate Supplement review to find out more about prostate-specific nutrition. Do your own research on the subject. Simply google “beta sitosterol” or “zincd” and go through the number of studies that support their use for prostate health. Make sure you look at credible research sites like Pubmed. It’s not only scientific evidence that suggests their efficacy, but Super Beta Prostate testimonials affirm experiential benefits on prostate health.